Skip to main content

Letting go of the past only to look to a better future?

I know that people say this a lot, forgive and forget. The sins and mistakes of the past should be forgiven to allow the heart to move on but how true is that?
After all, our past defines us, how we act today is shaped by our previous triumphs. Not all of us have been through the rough times a lot of us have seen ugly and have had the ability to bounce back and keep going. On some level the experiences that we go through and I mean the truly traumatic ones scar us and affect the way we approach new things.

I want to open up about my past.
Yes, I am young in age but far more mature than my body. My mind is wise, and I believe that I have become mature based on past circumstances. I do not pride myself in things that I accomplish because I was not taught to praise but to be thankful to yourself, to show the world that you are content and comfortable on the outside no matter how you feel on the inside.

I didn't have a childhood, at least, not a happy one, my memory consist of an absent mother and a father who is the definition of a disgusting person. I was abused, at least completely physical. My mentality was scarred by the age of twelve. My mother who preferred the bottle emotionally was vacant from any relationship with her two daughters, before school, drunk, after school, drunk. The only sanity I had was a man who stepped up and saw the potential in my sister and me. It did not end for years.

The point is that after the endless mental beating that I was forced to endure throughout my childhood and teenage years, I changed the fear and pain into strength and I have given myself a bright future and will continue to not only for myself but my son.


There isn't always a light at the tunnel or someone to save you from the mess of the past, but as humans, we are programmed to be resilient, while a lot of us can access this strength there are those that give into the pain and they can't let go.

Some advice, Don't let go, remember what made you, you but forgive because it's true that "They know not what they do until it's too late"  I have forgiven my mother and have moved past the tough times, As should  all of you.


Thanks
Maddie .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Things We May Never Know. Curiosity.

I know curiosity has killed the cat over and over. Maybe, even longer than 9 times. But, our curiosity seems to never fade. As humans we always find things to oogle over. The things that make us question what is acceptable. Its actually quite funny. The big picture, I mean. How we stop and stare and ponder over the things we may never fully know about. There's a lot isn't there? We may stop and question things we desire the answers too. What about the questions that do not have answers the ones that leave open ended responses to be filled with the imaginative curiosity. Those my friends are the ones to ponder over.  We typically assume that every question has an answer, but do they? Do they have to? and (Every so popularly) Why? Like you, I'm not sure of that. Not all questions have answers just like not all actions come with reason. Some times the things we don't understand happen out of circumstance with no reason or meaning. They just do.  I know that ...

When I say , "I miss you"

When I say, "I Miss You" August 27, 2018 | MissTaylor When I say you I miss you, the words are empty. Sure that may sound heartless to most but to me the emptiness speaks of something that USED to be there. When I say I miss you, I miss the person you used to be, I miss the long talks, the laughs and the dumb things we'd do. When I say I miss you, I am grieving a loss, not a physical one but an emotion, and mental one. because the person I once loved so deeply has changed, I have lost you, I am abandoned. So when I say, I miss you. I am holding back, holding back from exploding with words of rage over how things have changed. How the bad outweighs the good to you and the person I once knew is gone. So when I say, I miss you be thankful that I am saying it at all. That the one shred of hope that I have left for you is hanging on because we walk a thin line together now, one that may tear us apart forever. When I say I mi...

Brush the Dust off

Brush The Dust Off November 11, 2018 | M. Jackson Brush the dust off darling, the pain won't last long. Brush the dust off honey and smile, your beauty will mask the pain. Brush the dust off love, Pain is just a temporary burden, your strength is long lasting. Brush the dust off and stand up,and love yourself. Brush the dust off and walk along the path that was meant for you. Things may seem hard now but its only temporary, like the dust on your clothes, the darkness can be wiped away. You can start again and you can find the light. Too many times the fight is harder than you think and giving up seems easy but fighting gives life, changes and shapes you into a hardened creature with the world on her back. Its easier to give up but giving them a reason to stare is all worth while. We are meant to shine, not to be stifled by "I cannot" or " you cannot" when in reality you can and you will. You are meant...